I’m not a huge video game nerd anymore, mostly because I have a lot of other hobbies (and, uh, kids) that take up most of my free time. However, I still have a strong interest in the culture and industry of video games. I also enjoy the classics and have a couple of portable systems that allow me to play games on the run. So if you can excuse the fact that I’m an old-timer who is a bit out of touch with modern video games, you will hopefully find my rants here at least somewhat entertaining.
- Atari Might Just be Cursed: A look at the Atari brand’s talent for snatching failure from the jaws of success.
- Death is Cheap in Super Mario Odyssey, and I Love It: No consequences for death? No problem!
- The Sociopolitical Implications of the Mushroom Kingdom: What the hell is going on in Peach’s realm?
- The Weird and Wild World of Pokémon: The Pokémon franchise has some built-in weirdness aside from the pocket monsters.
- Why Don’t We Have More Good D&D Video Games?: It’d be cool to have a great D&D cRPG every couple of years, but licensed games are hard.
Image: BagoGames, cropped and resized to fit this page