I took a lot of film classes in college, and became intrigued by the history and art of cinema. So, naturally, I think I know more about film than everybody else.
Well, that’s not entirely true, but I do like to discuss movies in general. Here you’ll find some of my usual rambling focused toward the silver screen. Some of these items read like movie reviews, while others give the history of a franchise or discuss the general philosophy involved in cinema. Since television and movies are so closely linked, you’ll also find my rants and raves regarding the few TV shows I watch here and there. Comic book movies, on the other hand, get left out here for the sake of convenience, since there is already a Comics section to deal with those.
- Nitpicking Movies: Because good movies can handle a bit of ribbing.
- Phantom Histories: An examination of various adaptations of The Phantom of the Opera
- Buster Moon is History’s Greatest Monster: The koala must be stopped!
- The Disturbing Implications of Star Wars Droids: Are droids in Star Wars slaves, devices, or a mixture of the two?
- Hannibal the Vampire: A comparison of Hannibal Lecter and his closest mythological counterpart, the vampire.
- Jurassic Park is a Terrible Argument Against Cloning: It is, however, a great argument against putting idiots in charge.
- My Favorite Character Introductions in Film: Four examples of how to introduce a character in a way that audiences will remember for generations.
- ThunderCats, Woah!: Looking back at the awesomeness of the 2011 ThunderCats reboot.
- Vice Admiral Holdo was Smarter Than Fans Give Her Credit For: She may not have been the most charismatic of leaders, but she was right.
- Your Feelings Betray You: Luke Skywalker and The Last Jedi: An examination of the controversy surrounding Luke’s portrayal in The Last Jedi.