My main hobby, and my ultimate passion, is writing. Although the modern fiction industry will probably never allow me to write stories for a living, I have had several pieces published, ranging from poetry and short stories to full fledged novels.
You can find my published credentials and lots of additional information about my writing career over at ChBrooks.com. The stories below are those tales that, for whatever reason, I’ve chosen to keep out of mainstream publication.
- The Discount Hitman: A person’s fear of cats leads to some poor decisions.
- Happy Valentine’s Day: So, about that Gila monster in your basement…
- Spring Fever: The only possible explanation for Vermont weather.
- The More You Love Someone, the More You Want to Kill Them: Herman and June take a very unfortunate approach to an unhappy marriage.
- Second Position: Thoughts on identity and transformation while in the midst of a ballet.
- What Would Superman Do?: A very cynical look at the Man of Steel.
The Early Days: An annotated look at the books I wrote in grade school.