Created by Margaret Weis Productions, the Serenity RPG is based on the 2005 motion picture of the same name, which itself is based on Joss Whedon’s science fiction series Firefly, a series that was cancelled way before its time courtesy of terrible marketing by Fox. The game itself, in my opinion, suffers from some mechanical problems here and there, but I still managed to get several fun sessions out of it, which is more than I can say for some games. The material here is designed to help GMs with window dressing for their campaign as well as provide a little bit of streamlining to certain character types.
- Character Archetypes: Attributes and skill packages to help speed along character creation.
- Faces in the Black: Some of the more colorful personalities in the ‘Verse.
- Adelei Niska: A ruthlessly efficient criminal kingpin.
- Gus “Pack Rat” Henderson: A salesman and potential employer for the PCs.
- Henry Mason: A very bitter and war-torn doctor.
- Krys Connel: An exceptionally cheerful jack of all trades and con artist.
- Saffron: A con artist with many names and many victims.
- Silence: Need a place to hide? Silence has your back.
- Gallilei: A dead planet with treasure and peril ready to be discovered by a canny crew.
- Phoenix: A Hummingbird-class boat for those who want to sail the black on the cheap.