When Wizards of the Coast moved Dungeons & Dragons to a new edition and a more tightly-controlled gaming license in 2008, it created a divide in the role-playing industry. While many got on board with 4th edition D&D, others thought that 3rd edition still had some life to it and could last for a while longer with some love and care. The result is Pathfinder, a game from Paizo Publishing that revised and streamlined 3rd edition D&D without negating backwards compatibility.
The material here is usable for the Pathfinder Role-Playing Game or for those sticking to 3rd edition D&D. Pathfinder is still a game about epic fantasy, where wizards battle dragons, warriors wield magic swords, and so on. It just has a different name now.
- Rogues Gallery: NPCs who can serve as allies or enemies in any campaign.
- Felicia von Ludendorf: An explosion-happy alchemist who is descended from a mad scientist.
- Kikra Blackwing: A tengu rogue in search of a family.
- Mahir Heartseeker: In the land of orcs, the 12 Charisma character is breathtakingly beautiful.
- Marla Firestone: A vampire who doesn’t know her past, but doesn’t care, either.
- The Overseer: A particularly greedy aboleth who acts as the head of a major slavery ring.
- The Red Mage: A mortal man possessed by the spirit of a dead dragon that terrified even the gods.
- Rhyla Moonsong: A wandering bard and aspiring Pathfinder Chronicler.
- Waltros Samsmythe: A cleric of Erastil who follows the old ways out of a desire to protect his deceased family.
- Humor:Showing off the quirkiness in the game and its heritage.
- The Treasure Trove:A collection of new magic items.
- The Elderstaff: A chaotic staff imbued with the essence of an epic-level druid.
- The Eye of Istar: An artifact created from the eye of the greatest diviner in history.
- The Ironhammer Relics: Three matching artifacts, based on items from Neverwinter Nights 2.
- The Scabbard of the Four Spirits: A magical scabbard that imbues a blade with the properties of lost spirits.
- The Shroud of Unfinished Business: A magical cloak for those who refuse to let death stop them.
- The Sword of Lorinth: An intelligent weapon with an insatiable thirst for adventure.
- Gods of Niiran: An alternate pantheon usable for Pathfinder campaigns.
- Pathfinder Fantasy Adventures: Descriptions from my attempt to use Pathfinder as an educational tool.