My main hobby, and my ultimate passion, is writing. Although the modern fiction industry will probably never allow me to write stories for a living, I have had several pieces published, ranging from poetry and short stories to full fledged novels.
Here you’ll find a variety of different stories of mine, both published and unpublished. Genre-wise, I have very little preference, although I usually prefer to dabble in experimental writing, changing up points of views and tenses to help tell the story.
Links for my published works go to where they can be read or purchased, if available. Otherwise, you’ll find the whole story right here.
- Greystone Valley: My soon-to-be-published young adult fantasy novel which brings readers to a world between worlds.
- Reality Check: A cyber-noir story. Anne Westfeld died six months ago. Now she’s back, and she needs to find out why, and if she really is herself.
- Shadowslayers: My first novel, bringing readers to the fantasy world of Blackwood where a demon-mage battles a dragon-god over the fate of a kingdom.
Published Short Stories:
- A Slice of Death: A piece of flash fiction detailing somebody’s near-death experience.
- Eight-Bit Heaven: Winner of the New Millennium Writings Fiction Award, presenting a tale of angels, Armageddon, and video games.
- Fantasy as you Like It: Winner of the Chaffin Award for Fiction, bringing an off-beat tale where comic books collide with real-life tragedy.
- Fallen Hero: Childhood mistakes amplify an adult crime.
- Family Reunion: An abused son confronts his father on death row.
- First Base: You never slide into first base.
- Posthumous: Eddie Kafka meets the girl of his dreams. Then she explodes.
- When I Grow Up: A monster from a teenager’s future tries to change the past.
- With Feeling: A monster lurks in Usher City’s theatre, and he wants something that only one person can give.
- The Adventures of Dakota Jack: A series of stories about a lazy, slightly crazy Sioux cowboy, featured at Garbled Transmissions.
- The Goat-Like Troll Woman Trilogy:A series of three semi-fictional stories that roughly recount the worst year of my life.
- Dad: A lament to my lost father, which received honorable mention in ByLine Magazine‘s “Poem of Loss” contest.
Awesome Adventures! Comics: A webcomic by Andy Porwitzky and I bringing you stories in the style of 2000 AD.
- The Discount Hitman: An adaptation of my short story of the same name and the inaugural comic at Awesome Adventures!
- Heaven: A space traveler faces off against mutant zombies in post-apocalyptic Detroit.
- Femme Fatale: There’s a fine line between a femme fatale and a damsel in distress…
- Best of the Best: To deal with rumors of a vampire in the area, a woman calls upon the best of the best.
- Fiction Feature: Sympathy from the Devil: A tale of cinema, Satan, and sorrow.
- Fiction Feature: The Adventures of Wonder Dan!: A harrowing tale of shaved cats and peanut butter and sweet pickle sandwiches.
- Meddling Heroes: The world’s greatest supervillain gets out of jail and winds up trying to solve his own murder.
- The Shadow Queen: A prequel to Shadowslayers, serving as an introduction to the world of Blackwood.
Unpublished Short Stories:
- The Discount Hitman: A person’s fear of cats leads to some poor decisions.
- Happy Valentine’s Day: So, about that Gila monster in your basement…
- Spring Fever: The only possible explanation for Vermont weather.
- The More You Love Someone, the More You Want to Kill Them: Herman and June take a very unfortunate approach to an unhappy marriage.
- What Would Superman Do?: A very cynical look at the Man of Steel.
The Early Days: An annotated look at the books I wrote in grade school.